So I've been quite fed up with the usual paint your fourth nail a different colour trend so here's something different. I think it can look quite professional as well!
1. Apply base colour, preferably a quick drying varnish.
2. Cut two straight strips of sellotape.
3. Place on the sellotape on your nail so that there is a straight uncovered line between two bits of sellotape.
4. Press down firmly, especially central to the nail.
5. Paint over the tape with the colour that you want your stripe to be and allow to dry for 20 seconds.
6. Remove the strips of sellotape carefully and seal with clear varnish.
Be adventurous with colour
Why stop at one stripe?
Make sure your nails are really dry (not squidgy) so you don't peel off any nail varnish